The NTF in partnership with the USTA Foundation will be organizing its first Excellence Team. We will be selecting 8 boy and 8 girls to participate on the team ages 8 – 12, who reside in the Greater Atlanta Area. Players must meet the following requirements:
- High Performance Tennis Training & Coaching
- High Performance Match Play Training
- Meet & Greets with top ATP / WTA tennis pros and coaches
- Leadership and Life Skills training
- Team Travel to top USTA Local, Regional and National Tournaments
- Team Travel to Major ATP / WTA Tournaments
- Compete in USTA National Excellence Team Competition
- Have a passion for the game of tennis.
- Seek to get on a path to go to earn a scholarship to play tennis in college or at the professional level.
- Must have and maintain a 3.0 GPA to get on the Team and maintain a 3.5 GPA to stay on the Team.
- Must meet twice a week for high performance tennis and leadership training.
- Must meet once a quarter for Leadership Retreats.
- Cost: $1000 a quarter.
- Foundation Grants Available for children that have a documented financial need.
- Fill out online application.
- Submit two letters of recommendation.
- Board Member Interviews with both Player and Parents.
- Player must submit written 500 word essay.
- Submit grades for current and previous year.