Grant funding is based on a number of factors including the success level of the player in the previous year both athletically (e.g., end of the year USTA ranking list/tennisrecruiting.net) and academically, and recommendations/commentary about the individual’s character and leadership qualities. The grant funding is intended to be awarded to junior player(s) aspiring to achieve national and/or international rankings. The recipient(s) should have a history of strong national tournament results. The recipient(s) must be actively training and competing in tournaments in the award year. The grant funding is for actual and necessary training expenses and is made tri-annually (Fall / Spring / Summer) based on player meeting or exceeding Grant Requirements.
- Player must be a United States citizen and reside and train at an approved NTF training facility.
- Have a documented financial need based on third party verification.
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher coming into the program. Child must maintain a 3.5 GPA level in order to stay in the program.
- Must be ranked in the top 10 in the Nation within the last 24 months or be ranked in the Top 10 based on tennisrecruiting.net age group rankings.
- Must perform 30 hours of community service or service in support of the National Tennis Foundation.
- Must be registered in the NTF Life Skills Leadership Program
- Must be in a Home School Program and in the 7th – 12th grade.
- Complimentary or Subsidized Full Time Training.
- Complimentary Leadership and Life Skills Development.
- Fill out online application.
- Submit two letters of recommendation.
- Complete Board Member Interviews of Player and Parents.
- Player must submit two written essays.
- Submit grades for current and previous year.