Grant funding is based on a number of factors including the success level of the player in the previous year both athletically (e.g., end of the year USTA ranking list/tennisrecruiting.net) and academically, and recommendations/commentary about the individual’s character and leadership qualities. The grant funding is intended to be awarded to junior player(s) aspiring to achieve national and/or international rankings. The recipient(s) must be actively competing in tournaments in the award year and be an active member of the NTF Excellence Team. The grant funding is for actual and necessary travel expenses. applications care made 30 days prior to actual tennis event and based on player meeting or exceeding Grant Requirements.
- Player must be a United States citizen and reside in Greater Atlanta area.
- Have a documented financial need based on third party verification.
- Have a GPA of 3.5 for the last semester.
- Must be ranked in the top 50 in the Nation within the last 24 months or be ranked in the Top 50 based on tennisrecruiting.net age group rankings.
- Must perform 30 hours of community service or service in support of the National Tennis Foundation.
- Must be a member of the NTF Player / Leadership Development Plan as part of the application process.
- Must provide 10 hours of teaching for NTF Free Clinics or NTF Excellence Team.
- Complimentary or Subsidized support for Tournament Fees and Travel.
- Fill out online application
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Board Member Interview
- Must submit a written essay on why they want to be a part of the Team and Foundation program.
- Submit grades for current and previous year.